Boom! After few months of studying I finally sat and passed the VCAP Network Virtualization Deployment exam! I found the exam to be hard but fair as all the questions asked were clearly defined in the blueprint. The exam has 23 questions and you have a total of 3.5 hours to complete. you will need some hands on experience to pass.
Time management is key for completing the tasks and passing the exam. I do not believe that all 23 tasks can be completed in 3.5 hours!
The lab environment was great, it is based on the HOL interface. It was very responsive with no latency.
Advice for the Exam
- Master the blueprint topics.
- I would recommend going through the NSX Hands on Lab. If you have a lab at home, use it to practice, practice, practice.
- Read the tasks carefully
- Keep an eye on the time.
- If you can multitask, Perform 2 or more tasks in parallel to save time.
- If you don’t know how to do a particular task, move on and come back to it later if you have time.
- Read the Installation, design and Admin guides.
Below are the resources I used for my studies:
- Iwan’s videos http://www.vcix-nv.com/
- NSX API Guide
- NSX CLI Guide
- NSX Design Guide
- NSX Install Guide
- NSX Admin Guide
- Hands on Labs
Shiny new badge (:
Thank you for reading and good Luck with the exam.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
My name is Amine El Badaoui and I currently live in Aylesbury, a small town in the south east of England
I have been working in the IT industry for few years now and specialise in VMware virtualisation, data centre infrastructure and cloud technologies. Over the years I have obtained numerous industry certifications from Microsoft, Netapp and VMware.I currently work as a VMware Product Engineer @ https://www.rackspace.com/
This blog represents my random technical notes and thoughts. The thoughts expressed here do not reflect my current employer in anyway.